Mass Tort Lawsuits & Toxic Tort Lawsuits
Product liability claims encompass every type of product, from consumer goods to cars to medicine. If a product injured you or a loved one, our product liability lawyers have access to the experts that are necessary to develop and prove a defective product claim. These experts can establish whether a product is defective and if it caused your injuries. Our Delaware & Maryland catastrophic injury attorneys have extensive experience in product liability, as well as all other areas of personal injury law.
Types Of Product Liability Claims
When a product causes a personal injury, there are several factors that we must considered before determining whether the injury was due to product liability, including:
- Whether the product is dangerous even when used normally and how it was designed to operate.
- Whether the product was poorly made or improperly designed products.
- Whether the manufacturer failed to provide adequate instructions or warnings on the safe operation of the product.
Our Delaware Zantac injury attorneys have national access to the experts such as engineers and safety experts usually needed to establish these factors.
Strict Liability Applies To Many Defective Product Claims
Strict liability in defective product cases can hold manufacturers, distributors and dealers liable for your injuries without having to prove they were negligent. The strict liability concept can apply to many types of products, including:
Defective medical products, such as medications and implants, may also come under the strict liability rule in some cases. To determine whether you have a product liability claim, consult with an experienced product liability lawyers serving all of Delaware and Maryland.
In order to prove a case of strict liability, you need to establish:
- The product was defective and unreasonably dangerous
- Your personal injury, illness, disease and damages were caused by the defect
- The dangerous defect was not open and obvious
- In cases of hazardous medications such as talcum powder and Zantac it must be proven that you have an illness that is linked to that medication and you must also be able to prove that you took the medication whether prescribed or over the counter (OTC)
- In Roundup weedkiller claims and other harmful chemicals like glyphosate, firefighting foam and asbestos you must prove the disease, injury or illness is caused by the product as well as that you used the product
- In wrongful death claims it must be proven that the deceased used, consumed or was exposed to the medication, gas, chemical or product that led to their passing
Contact Our Delaware Faulty Product Lawyers
At Shelsby & Leoni, our experience in defective product claims and hazardous chemical cases gives us the insight as to how best to proceed with your personal injury claim. We have a bilingual staff that cares about you and your claim. Call us for a free initial consultation at 302-995-6210 or contact us online.