Tractor Trailer Accident Attorneys DE
When a truck is involved in an accident with a car, the results are usually catastrophic for the occupants of the car. Large trucks such as tractor trailers weigh many times what cars weigh, and when a collision occurs it is usually the driver and passengers of the lighter vehicle who pay the price. If you’ve become a victim in a truck accident, you need our Delaware truck accident lawyers on your side.
Please connect with our Delaware truck accident lawyers and tractor trailer injury attorneys about your case. They provide free case reviews to trucking accident victims and their families in Delaware and Maryland. In addition, our DE injury attorneys charge no legal fees if they do not win for you and your family. Proudly serving all of DE & MD: Wilmington, Newark, Middletown, Dover, Georgetown, Lewes, Seaford, Annapolis, Elkton, Bel Air, Rockville, Salisbury, Glen Burnie and Frederick, MD.
Have You Been Hurt in a Trucking Accident?
If you have been hurt in a trucking accident, 118-wheeler accident or if you have lost a family member in a fatal trucking accident, our Newark, Delaware tractor trailer injury attorneys offer free initial consultations to evaluate whether you may have a cause of action against the trucking company. There are many different ways a trucking company may be liable for damages suffered in a car-truck collision.
Truck drivers are regulated by a very strict set of federal regulations regarding vehicle maintenance, mileage logs, consuming alcohol or drugs while driving and how many hours per day they can drive. Our Middletown, Delaware truck accident lawyers will use accident re-constructionists to find out what happened in a truck accident—and why. Among the experts we use are former state troopers who investigated fatal accidents in Delaware and Maryland. We will also address such issues as:
- Whether the truck was overloaded at the time of the accident, making it more difficult for the driver to stop.
- Whether the driver had been speeding. Our Millsboro, DE tractor trailer accident attorneys will review E-Z Pass records and other evidence to find out if the truck driver was speeding.
- Whether the driver took rest breaks, which are required by state and federal law. Our lawyers can review the driver logbook, gas receipts, E-Z Pass records, and other evidence to find out whether driver fatigue may have played a role in causing the truck accident.
- Whether the driver has been taking illegal drugs such as stimulants, methamphetamines or cocaine to stay awake.
- Whether the driver had problems such as DUI’s, drugged driving charges, traffic tickets or a criminal record.
- Whether the trucking company had performed all necessary safety inspections of the tractor-trailer.
In one investigation of a fatal accident in New Jersey, our tractor trailer accident injury lawyers discovered that a drug test of the driver found traces of cocaine. That discovery led to a wrongful death settlement of nearly $5 million for the surviving family members. We will work hard to discover the facts in your case that could show fault for your injuries.
Contact Our Wilmington Delaware Truck Accident Lawyers
If you have been injured or lost a family member in a DE or MD truck accident, we invite you to contact our Newark Delaware truck accident lawyers for a free initial consultation. Please dial (302) 995-6210 for our office in Delaware, or (410) 385-5612 for our Baltimore, Maryland office.
As our Pike Creek Delaware truck accident lawyers have offices in DE & MD they serve both states. This includes the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, U of D campus, Del State University campus, Pike Creek, Hockessin, Fairfax, Talleyville, Georgetown, Seaford, Christiana, Annapolis, Rockville, Bel Air, Baltimore, Glen Burnie, and Salisbury, MD.