Mass Tort Lawsuits & Toxic Tort Lawsuits
Product liability claims encompass every type of product, from Fisher Price infant sleepers to other consumer goods to cars to medicine. If a product injured you or a loved one, our product liability lawyers have access to the experts that are necessary to develop and prove a defective product claim. These experts can establish whether a product is defective and if it caused your injuries. Our Delaware & Maryland catastrophic injury attorneys have extensive experience in product liability, as well as all other areas of personal injury law.
Consulting with our team of child injury attorneys handling defective products is a wise move. Every year there are new products, baby toys, baby furniture, home exercise equipment, medications and harmful products released only to be recalled once it becomes known that there is a risk of serious injury, illness such as cancer or wrongful death. Please call or email our defective product attorneys for a free case review. No fees if they are unable to recover any and all benefits, medical care and financial compensation for you.
Types Of Product Liability Claims
When a product causes a personal injury, there are several factors that we must considered before determining whether the injury was due to product liability, including:
- Whether the product is dangerous even when used normally and how it was designed to operate.
- Whether the product was poorly made or improperly designed products.
- Whether the manufacturer failed to provide adequate instructions or warnings on the safe operation of the product.
Our Delaware Zantac injury attorneys have national access to the experts such as engineers and safety experts usually needed to establish these factors.
Strict Liability Applies To Many Defective Product Claims
Strict liability in defective product cases can hold manufacturers, distributors and dealers liable for your injuries without having to prove they were negligent. The strict liability concept can apply to many types of products, including:
Defective medical products, such as medications and implants, may also come under the strict liability rule in some cases. To determine whether you have a product liability claim, consult with an experienced product liability lawyers serving all of Delaware and Maryland.
In order to prove a case of strict liability, you need to establish:
- The product was defective and unreasonably dangerous
- Your personal injury, illness, disease and damages were caused by the defect
- The dangerous defect was not open and obvious
- In cases of hazardous medications such as Johnson & Johnson talcum powder and the heartburn medication Zantac it must be proven that you have an illness that is linked to that medication and you must also be able to prove that you took the medication whether prescribed or over the counter (OTC)
- In Roundup weedkiller claims and other harmful chemicals like glyphosate, firefighting foam and asbestos you must prove the disease, injury or illness is caused by the product as well as that you used the product
- In wrongful death claims it must be proven that the deceased used, consumed or was exposed to the medication, gas, chemical or product that led to their passing
Mass Tort Claims Our Injury Attorneys Handle
Our team of mass tort injury lawyers handle all types of mass tort claim throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. Common harmful product cases we handle, but not limited to, are:
1) Invokana type 2 diabetes medication causing diabetic ketoacidosis, limb amputation, kidney damage, renal failure, bladder cancer and kidney cancer
2) Taxotere chemotherapy medication lawsuits resulting in permanent hair loss
3) Risperdal antipsychotic medication resulting in serious injury, suicide or wrongful death
4) Accutane acne medication lawsuits for Crohn’s Disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, suicide and birth defects
5) Xarelto blood thinner lawsuits for internal bleeding, hemorrhagic stroke, Deep Vein Thrombosis, wrongful death and wound leakage
6) Nexium heart burn medication injury claims due to kidney disease, kidney failure, renal injuries and acute interstitial nephritis
7) IVC filter blood clot prevention devices for filter fracture, impossible filter removal, filter replacement, filter migration, blood clots & wrongful death
8) Hip implant recall lawsuits resulting in metal poisoning, dislocation, tissue damage, pain, implant failure and surgical revision
9) Trans-vaginal mesh lawsuits resulting in erosion, physical pain, organ perforation and dyspareunia
10) DaVinci surgical robots burn injury lawsuits for bleeding, burns, organ damage, nerve injury and wrongful death
11) Johnson & Johnson talcum powder ovarian cancer claims due to asbestos in the talc
12) Essure contraceptive injury cases for issues like bleeding, device migration, unwanted pregnancy, weight gain, nickel sensitivity and hysterectomy
13) Roundup weed killer Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (NHL) and other cancer cases in both adults and children
14) Hernia mesh recall lawsuits for claims related to bleeding, pain, infections, organ damage, adhesions, autoimmune disorders and bowel obstructions
15) Allergan breast implant recall lawsuits and BIA-ALCL claims and other cancers
16) Opioid addiction lawsuits involving Percocet, Fentanyl, Morphine and Oxycodone leading to chemical dependency, opioid abuse and wrongful death due to a drug overdose
17) Takata defective airbag injury lawsuits and wrongful death claims involving eye injuries, blindness, concussions, burns, neck injuries, spinal cord injuries and wrongful death
18) General Motors ignition switch recall lawsuits due to switch malfunction resulting in auto accidents, serious injury and accidental death
19) Defective product lawsuit claims and faulty medical device cases such as the Da Vinci surgical robot, Monsanto weedkiller cancer claims in adults and children, firefighter foam cancer lawsuits, 3M earplug lawsuits for veterans, DePuy hip implants and more
20) Dangerous and harmful medications such as Zantac cancer lawsuits, Truvada injury claims, Xanax, Fentanyl, Percocet, Vicodin, Medications with N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), Oxycodone, Warfarin, Methadone, Statins, blood thinners, metformin, Riomet ER, Methotrexate, unnecessary antibiotics, Valsartan, Uloric, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate (TDF) HIV medications, Belviq, Prilosec, Viberzi and Zostavax.
21) Products known to injure, harm and cause the death of children such as Fisher Price infant sleepers, Zantac causing cancer in children, teratogens, carcinogens, asbestos and IKEA furniture.
22) Pressure cookers with flawed safety mechanisms that allow them to explode during in home use causing serious burns, skin injuries and property damage. There are more than 50 brands with some common ones being Crock Pot, Instant Pot, NuWave, Aldi and others.
23) Peloton Treadmill and Tread+ recalls.There are 2 ways injury and or death can occur with Peloton’s treadmills: the touch screen can fall off during use causing the user to trip and suffer injury and there is a risk of users, children and pets getting pulled underneath the treadmill while it is in use. This has killed one child so far in the United States and more than 70 other users have been injured. The CPSC announced a voluntary recall on Wednesday May 5th, 2021.
Contact Our Delaware Faulty Product Lawyers
At Shelsby & Leoni, our experience in mass tort cases, defective product claims and hazardous chemical lawsuits gives us the insight as to how best to proceed with your personal injury claim. We have a bilingual staff that cares about you and your claim. Call our Baltimore defective product injury attorneys for a free initial consultation at 302-995-6210 or contact us online.
We serve all of DE, MD & DC which includes Annapolis, Baltimore, Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Elkton, Bel Air, Georgetown, Lewes, Seaford, Towson, Columbia, Elliott City, Frederick, Silver Spring, Oakland, Greenbelt, Wheaton, Waldorf & Washington D.C.